Friday, December 3, 2010

......so beautiful!!!!


Steve McCurry



I don't know why, but at every first glance, this photo by the world famous photographer Steve McCurry, looks like a photo of a country in Africa. The image is so beautiful.

In a way, I could be Indian. Well, my grandparents were born in a country that was British India. So, I am pretty familiar with images from that part of the world. Besides, they are every where, these days. 

This particular image seems to me more African than Indian. Then with a second look, yes, the informations sink in. The metal anklets are more deceiving than the desert like climate. Not to miss the earthen ware.I become aware that these beautiful women are anywhere but near the African Continent.
The composition and the colour scheme are simply spectacular.

My confusion of this image is nothing but credit most aptly due to maestro Steve McCurry. I believe only Steve McCurry could make one continent look like another.


image saved from online

No comments:

Post a Comment