Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Vincent's Sunflowers


It was summer.....all the museums in England were packed with tourists, mostly from USA :)
I had to push my way, to be close enough to actually see the paintings....

Squeezed in a crowded room, at the National Gallery, I noticed the painting. I noticed Vincent's Sunflowers. Up until that moment, I knew the painting only through reproductions_ post-cards, art history books and slides.
I had goose-bumps.
Shamelessly I pushed my way through the pack in the room. I had to see the painting. 
I did.
I loved Vincent van Gogh then, I still love him, and I always will.
And I will hear and read, many jokes about him. It's easy to make fun.....there wont be one more like him.
It seems as if, that he knew that he wont live long enough.....he finished a painting a day.......

Every young, unmarried, male Fine Art student of Dhaka Art College wants to be like Vincent. They wish they could___not sell a single painting in a lifetime, die young and then become world famous.

They have enormous sympathy for him.



No comments:

Post a Comment